The President of the Board of Directors of the Bayern MunichOliver Kahn assured this Wednesday that there had been no changes in the situation of Polish striker Robert Lewandowski, recalling that he has a contract until July 2023 and said that he will be glad to see him when training starts again.
"With Robert nothing has changed, he has a contract until 2023 and we are happy when he appears between us when training starts," Kahn said to answer a question during Sadio Mané's presentation.
Kahn has ruled out on several occasions that Bayern will let Lewandowski go, who has publicly expressed his desire to leave and who is credited with a deal with Barcelona.
Read also: Sadio Mané officially presented with Bayern
“When people talk about one or another offer, it is something that we do not care about at the moment. He has a contract with Bayern until 2023, the rest does not concern us," Kahn said at another point in the presentation in response to another question about Lewandowski.
In Germany, the version has circulated that an offer of around 50 million euros for Lewandowski could lead Bayern to review its position.
However, Kahn has been quite blunt on all the occasions that he has spoken on the subject and has practically not left an open door for it.
Already in the celebration of the Bundesliga title Kahn referred to the contract until 2023. "He has a contract until 2023. Enough," he said.